. 300 grams Cod unsalted and shredded
. 1/2 onion, chopped
. 2 boiled eggs, chopped
. 300g cooked potatoes, diced
. 1/2 teacup of chopped green olives
. 200 g of mayonnaise
. Olive oil to taste
. Chopped parsley to taste
. Slices of bread crustless
- In a bowl, mix the cod, onion, eggs, potatoes, olives, mayonnaise, olive oil and parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thin slices of bread with a rolling pin.
- Mold them into aluminum molds coated with a little butter.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 400º F until golden. Let cool and unmold. Serve the mayonnaise cod on bread baskets.
2 lbs. Large shrimp raw, peeled, and deveined
1/4 cup olive oil
4 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons red win vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, kosher
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 avocados, ripped in small slices
1/3 cup diced red onion
3/4 diced tomato, seeded
2 cups spring mix , fresh
Combine shrimp, 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and cumin in a plastic gallon-size zip top bag; toss and coat evenly, and marinate shrimp refrigerated for an hour. Combine red wine vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper and whisk until salt is dissolved. Add the remaining olive oil and whisk to combine. Add the avocado, red onion, and tomato; toss to coat.
Remove shrimp from marinade and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat a non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté shrimp in batches, 2 minutes per side. Top each tostada with 1/4 cup spring mix and divide shrimp and avocado salsa evenly among tostadas.
Tip: For a chicken variation substitute pulled rotisserie chicken tossed lightly with smoked salsa. Exchange any chopped or shredded lettuce for spring green mix. Add chopped jalapeño pepper to the avocado salsa in order to add a hint of spice.