1 tablespoon butter
2 sliced shallots
5 sliced garlic cloves
1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
¼ cup cream cheese
¾ lb chopped smoked salmon1 lb whole wheat fusilli
freshly ground pepper
Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 sliced shallots and 5 sliced garlic cloves. Season with kosher salt and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Decrease heat to low; add 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt and ¼ cup cream cheese. Stir until melted and combined (don’t boil). Turn off heat and add ¾ lb chopped smoked salmon. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook 1 lb whole wheat fusilli until al dente. Remove pasta from water with a slotted spoon and transfer directly to skillet with sauce, letting some cooking water cling to pasta. Toss together (off heat) and add a few more splashes of hot cooking water for a looser sauce. Divide pasta among 4 or 5 bowls; top with freshly ground pepper, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and capers.
- 1/2 pound fresh champignons mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound leeks, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (1-pound) package Penne Rigate
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
In a large pot, bring 5 quarts of salted water to boil.
Brush the dirt from the mushrooms. Do not rinse. Cut in thin slices.
Skin the sausages, loosely chop them, and then put them in a very large skillet to roast, breaking them apart with a wooden spoon. If the sausages are very lean, add a small amount of butter or oil.
Once browned, add the leeks, over a medium flame. Sauté* both ingredients, and as soon as the leeks start to get some color, add the mushrooms. Raise the heat to medium-high, adding a pinch of salt and pepper. When the mushrooms begin to brown, add the wine. Allow the liquid to reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Lower the flame back to medium heat, then add the cream.
Cook the pasta for al dente texture in the boiling water. Once cooked, drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water to finish the sauce. Toss the pasta with the sauce in the skillet. Sauté for a creamy consistency, introducing the pasta water if necessary to loosen sauce.
Finish with the grated Parmesan cheese and some finely chopped parsley to serve.
* Fry in a small amount of fat.
- 8oz DeBoles Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 tablespoon of Spectrum Moroccan Olive Oil
- 2 cups of fresh firm multi colored heirloom cherry tomatoes halved, or if to big quartered
- 1 cup of fresh mini mozzarella balls halved.
- ½ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- Hain sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Cooked pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss in a large metal bowl olive oil.
- Combine pasta with remaining ingredients
Dressing for Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes and Mozzerella
- 1 tablespoon of Spectrum Organic Golden Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon Westbrae Dijon Style Mustard
- ¼ cup of Spectrum Moroccan Olive Oil
- Hain Sea Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of roughly broken fresh basil leaves for garnish .
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the vinegar, mustard, honey, and process.
- With the motor running add oil in a slow thin stream until ingredients have emulsified.
- Pour dressing over pasta bowl ingredients and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with shaved cheese and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Serve immediately with a green salad and crusty bread.