What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed regular or cinnamon graham crackers (24 squares)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 9-inch pie plate
What you’ll need:
¾ cup Sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract or essence
1 cup flour
1 can condensed milk
1/2 pint of cream
Juice of 2-3 limes
2 cups chopped strawberries
Mix butter, sugar, cocoa, salt, vanilla and flour by hand to form clumps, refrigerate for 1 hour. After that, line the crust on a baking sheet with double bottom and bake it at medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until crust is firm.
While the dough is cooled, beat in blender condensed milk, cream and lemon juice. Mix the cream freshly liquefied and the 2 cups of chopped strawberries. Pour over pie crust and refrigerate for one hour.
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
1/4 cup almond meal flour
3/4 cup organic amaranth flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 – 4 Tbsp. water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil a 9-inch pie pan; set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients and blend well. Combine oil and 3 tablespoons water and blend with fork. Add all at once to flour. Stir only until a ball forms. If ball appears dry and crumbly, add a little more water, one teaspoon at a time, until ball hangs together. (Moisture content of flour varies.)
3. Pat or roll crust to fit into pie pan. Dough tears easily, but mends easily using extra bits to patch. Prick with fork.
4. Bake 3 minutes in 400 degrees oven, fill and finish baking the time required for filling. Or bake about 15 minutes until brown and crisp. Cool and fill. Crust holds up very well after baking.
Makes one 9-inch pie crust (8 slices).
Courtesy of Bob’s Red Mill
This tart has a wonderful vanilla-and-fruit scent that fills the house as it bakes. Try serving it with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream, or whipped cream with a pinch of cinnamon. It is excellent for a Sunday dessert.
Juice of 1/2 lemon, divided
1 lb. pears (Concorde or Anjou), cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Makes 8 servings.
FOR WHOLE-GRAIN PIE CRUST:
Holidays are full of joy and warming moments. One of these warming moments is to share meals with family and friends. Express your love and caring for them with this colorful and delicious pie and a glass of Sutter Home Moscato.
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/3 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 -1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
Makes 10 servings.