You can use peaches or apricots instead of nectarines. This recipe can fit almost any occasion – weeknight dinner, casual Saturday night, Sunday lunch. You can serve it with little vanilla ice cream.
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces almond paste (about 1/3 cup), crumbled
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds nectarines (about 8 cups), each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter 11 x 7 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Blend 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon cardamom, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and salt in processor. Add almond paste and process until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process using on/off turns until mixture begins to clump together. Transfer to bowl. Mix in almonds.
Toss nectarine wedges, apricot preserves, remaining 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, and 1/2 teaspoon ginger in large bowl to coat. Transfer to prepared baking dish; sprinkle topping over. Bake until topping is golden, nectarines are tender, and juices are bubbling around edges, about 40 minutes. Cool at least 20 minutes before serving.