1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, divided
1 pkg (20 oz.) ground turkey or chicken
2 cups brown rice
3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced and divided
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Drain 1/2 cup crushed pineapple for meatballs. Reserve remaining pineapple and juice for sauce.
- Combine ground turkey or chicken, cooked rice, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup green onions, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, egg, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop mixture and gently roll into desired meatball size (we suggest about the size of a golf ball); place meatballs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet with sides. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- While meatballs are baking, to make sauce, combine remaining pineapple and juice, remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and orange marmalade in medium saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
- Top cooked meatballs with sauce.
- If desired, serve meatballs over additional hot cooked rice and sprinkle with additional green onions.
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 large (1 cup) onion, chopped
1 small (1/2 cup) green bell pepper, chopped
1 rib (1/2 cup) celery, chopped
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
6 (3/4-ounce) slices American cheese, cut in half diagonally
Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a full boil (5 to 8 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended (30 to 40 minutes). Top each serving with cheese triangles.