- Rinse basil and slice strawberries, then add to an airtight container.
- Add chia seeds to the container with about 24 ounces of filtered water and cover with the lid.
- Let sit overnight or until the chia seeds have expanded.
- Pour and enjoy!
2-4 oz. of Pusser’s Rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. cream of coconut
1 oz. orange juice
Grated fresh nutmeg
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add first four ingredients and stir. Pour into cocktail glasses and top with grated nutmeg.
30 large fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
3 to 4 thick slices fresh watermelon
12 ounces light rum, such as Bacardi
1/2 cup simple syrup
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
Sprigs of mint and spears of watermelon, for serving.
Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves. Remove and discard the rind and seeds of the watermelon. Put the fruit into a food processor fitted with the steel blade and puree. Put the mashed mint into a large pitcher with 2 cups of pureed watermelon, the rum, simple syrup, and lime juice and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a pitcher for serving.
Place ice cubes in 6 glasses and pour the mojito mixture into the glasses. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and spears of watermelon. Serve ice cold.
1 (12-ounce) can pink lemonade concentrate
4 cups raspberry sherbet
1 (12-ounce) can of lemon/lime soda (I used Sprite)
1. In a pitcher, mix the lemonade concentrate with the recommended amount of water.
2. In a blender, combine the sherbet with 4 cups of the lemonade mixture; mix until combined. Pour into individual glasses. Add the soda, stir gently and serve.
1 cup boiling water
1 Lipton Iced Tea Brew Family Size Tea Bags
3 tablespoons sugar
2 cups cut-up fresh pineapple OR 1 pint strawberries, hulled
1 banana, cut into chunks
3 cups ice cubes (about 18 to 24)
Pour boiling water over Lipton Iced Tea Brew Family Size Tea Bags in medium bowl; cover and brew 5 minutes. Remove tea bag and squeeze. Cool slightly.
Process tea, sugar, pineapple OR strawberries, and banana in a blender. Add ice cubes, one at the time, and process until frosty, Pour into a pitcher and serve immediately.
Makes 5 servings
1 serving= 8 fl. oz.