- Vegetable oil for the to grease a round cake pan (9″ diameter)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease the cake pan with vegetable oil.
- Rinse the zucchini, cut the round ends, and shred it with a box grater into a large bowl, stopping before you get to the stem.
- Use a medium bowl to dump the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the eggs and yogurt with the grated zucchini. Add the dry ingredients, mixing to combine.
- Transfer the cake batter to the cake pan and place it in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Do a test if the cake is done by using a toothpick and poke it in the middle to see that it comes out clean. If the toothpick comes out wet, bake for another 5 minutes and test the cake again. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the cake pan for 20 to 30 minutes.
Enjoy the cake warm! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.