Here comes the sun, the Summer, and Father’s Day; so you can celebrate them with this easy quiche for a light supper.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 1 pound slender asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese + Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely grated Asiago cheese (plus more for topping)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped carpers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt + freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out pastry on floured surface to 13×9-inch rectangle. Fold over about 1/2-inch-wide strip from all 4 sides. Brush strips on 1 side with some of beaten egg, then press strips, egg side down, onto edges of pastry to adhere, forming raised border. Brush border with egg; reserve remaining beaten egg. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet prick crust all over with a fork. Chill while preparing filling.
Meanwhile , combine ricotta, lemon zest, parsley, Asiago, and carpers in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Steam asparagus just until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain.
Add remaining beaten egg, ricotta mixture. Spread mixture evenly over pastry. Sprinkle with Asiago. Line asparagus across filling.
Bake tart until filling is set and pastry is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.