- 1 unsalted butter
- 3 slices thick-cut turkey bacon, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ dry white wine
- 2 bunches kale, tough center ribs discarded, chopped
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 heavy cream
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs
- Melt butter in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add bacon and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 3 minutes. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add wine, set heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer. Stir in kale and season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and cook 5 minutes, then uncover and cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until pan is nearly dry. Add nutmeg and cream. Bring to a low simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes. Remove from heat and spoon evenly into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Smooth top and sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours, or proceed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make 6 wells in kale mixture. Crack eggs into wells. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are set, 25 to 30 minutes.