- ¾ stick (6 Tbsp) cold butter
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar, plus 2 Tbsp for sprinkling
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy cream, plus 2 Tbsp for brushing
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut cold butter into small pieces and return to refrigerator.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add cold butter; pinch and rub with your fingertips until butter is well distributed (mixture should resemble coarse meal).
- Gently stir in eggs and ⅓ cup heavy cream until mixture forms a soft dough. Stir in strawberries.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and pat into a 1-inch-thick rectangle (about 10 by 12 inches). Cut into 8 triangular scones.
- Brush with 2 Tbsp heavy cream and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm, with butter and jam.