- 14 ounces red bell peppers, roasted, drained
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seeded and minced jalapeno chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon , juiced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 1⁄4 cup minced scallion
- 8 ounces cream cheese
In a food processor puree the red peppers, soaked and drained sun dried tomatoes, minced garlic, cumin, minced jalapeno, lemon juice, cilantro, and chopped scallion until the mixture is smooth.
Add cream cheese, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Puree the mixture, adding enough of the reserved tomato-soaking liquid to thin the dip to the desired consistency and scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally, until it is smooth. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl.