- 8 ounces fusilli or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
1. Prepare the fusilli or spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes. Return the onion mixture to the skillet. Stir in the marinara sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear. Stir in the basil.
4. Place the fusilli or spaghetti on a serving platter. Top with the chicken and sauce.