1 (12 oz) pkg al fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp garlic, cloves, fresh minced
1 (1 ½ cups) yellow bell pepper,seeded and cut into 2″-3″ strips
1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 cup zucchini,fresh, sliced ¼” thick
1 cup mushrooms, fresh, pces/slices
1 tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp black pepper, ground
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup basmati white rice, long grain, cooked according to package instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and grill until browned. Remove from skillet, slice ¼” thick and set aside.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, Italian seasoning and black pepper.
- Sauté only until crisp.
- Add sliced sausage to skillet, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vinegar and toss to coat all ingredients.
- Serve sautéed veggies over basmati rice.