. 7 eggs
. 2 1/2 teacups sugar
. 1 teacup of margarine
. 1/2 teacup of chocolate powder
. 1 teacup milk
. 2 teacups of wheat flour
. 1 spoon (tea) baking powder
. 1/2 teacup water
. 1/2 envelope of gelatin powder
. 300 g of milk chocolate, chopped
. 1 can cream
. chocolate chips
1. Prepare the batter: beat 4 egg yolks, 1 1/2 teacup of sugar, margarine and cocoa powder in a blender.
2. Add milk, sifted flour, and baking powder. Beat until stiff.
3. Place in a baking pan 10 inches diameter, greased and floured. Bake in preheated oven at 400ºF for 30 minutes or until, a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. When cool, cut the top of the cake (about 1/3 of the height of the cake) and set aside.
5. With a knife, remove the center of the cake, and form a cavity of 1 inch across and 1 inch deep.
6. To make the marshmallow, in saucepan, combine 1 teacup of sugar and water. Simmer, without stirring, until it forms a caramel in the bottom of the pan.
7. Meanwhile, beat three egg whites until stiff. Without stirring add the caramel lace. Beat until consistency of marshmallow. Allow to cool.
8. Dissolve the gelatin according to package directions. Add to marshmallow mix.
9. Place the marshmallow into the cavity of the cake and cover with the lid of cake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
10. Topping: melt the chocolate in double boiler; add the cream. Decorate the cake with the chocolate mixture and garnish with chocolate chips.
Tip: Crumble remaining dough (the one removed from the center of the cake), mix with ice cream and serve with whipped cream on the side.