8–10 oz. rotini or other curly pasta
1 lb. slender asparagus spears, trimmed into 1ʺ pieces
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
4 oz. Goat cheese, softened
salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- When the pasta is mostly cooked (about 2 or 3 minutes shy of al dente), add the chopped asparagus into the pot to blanche.
- In a very large bowl, combine the tomatoes, chives, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and tarragon.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus. Add to the bowl with veggies and combine with the Parmesan and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.