- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 12 (one 11.6-ounce package) frozen store-bought empanada dough discs, defrosted
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and yogurt in a medium saucepan; heat over low heat. Add shredded coconut and pineapple.
- COMBINE cornstarch and water in small bowl; stir to dissolve. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into the condensed milk mixture; stir frequently until combined. Increase heat to high; bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture has thickened (it will continue to thicken as it cools). Set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 450° F. Grease large baking sheets.
- PLACE 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons of pineapple/coconut mixture in center of each empanada disc. Brush edges with egg; fold in half and crimp edges with fork to seal. Place empanadas on prepared baking sheets; brush with egg.
- BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.