|7-1/2 to 8 cups||Ultragrain® All-Purpose Flour with whole grain|
|2 envelopes||Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast|
|1/2 cup||butter OR margarine|
|Melted butter, optional|
- Mix 3 cups flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast in a large mixer bowl. Combine milk, water and butter and heat until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to flour mixture with eggs; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 2 cups flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover; let dough rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (1-inch) strips. Tie each strip into a loose knot. Place rolls on greased baking sheet (or parchment paper on baking sheets) about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover; let rise in a warm, draft-free place until almost doubled, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 275°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until rolls just start to change color. Remove rolls to wire racks. Place cooled rolls in resealable plastic bags and freeze up to 1 month.
- Place frozen rolls on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. If desired, brush hot rolls with melted butter. Rolls are best served warm.