Rich black tea leaves and aromatic bergamot help balance the sweetness of this ice cream.
2 cups heavy cream
4 Earl Grey tea bags
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm cream until it is steaming and bubbles appear around edges. Turn off heat. Add Earl Grey tea bags and steep for 30 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags. Chill the cream until very cold, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to mix the ice cream, combine vanilla and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whip tea-infused cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir about 1/3 of whipped cream into condensed milk mixture to lighten it. Then, very gently fold in remaining whipped cream, stirring as little as possible.
- Gently transfer mixture to an air-tight container and freeze until solid, about 6 hours. Serve.
- Freeze any leftovers.
2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon matcha tea powder
1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust
Lemon zest curls for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and matcha tea powder. Beat on medium-high until fluffy and well blended. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended.
- Pour filling into crust and bake until edges are set but there is still a slight wobble in the middle, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely at room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, cut into thin rings
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 bunch kale (about 8 cups,) removed from ribs then torn into bite-sized pieces
- 5 pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds (or sliced almonds)
- 2 Tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- For the Maple-Almond Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter (or tahini)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar with a tight fitting lid then shake to combine and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots then fry until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain then sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium then add bacon to skillet and cook until browned and crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain then set aside. Remove all but 2 teaspoons bacon grease from the skillet.
- Add kale, dates, and almonds then saute for 30 seconds. Add vinaigrette and then toss until just coated. Divide kale between two plates then top with reserved bacon, crispy shallots, and parmesan cheese.
- Rinse basil and slice strawberries, then add to an airtight container.
- Add chia seeds to the container with about 24 ounces of filtered water and cover with the lid.
- Let sit overnight or until the chia seeds have expanded.
- Pour and enjoy!